Nothing brings the family together before and after the holidays than an amazing home cooked meal. Unfortunately, we can’t all be gourmet chefs so the preparation and overall success of the meal is far from a foregone conclusion. When it comes to preparing the meal, a few great tools of the trade can go a long way to helping you make it perfect. Here are DealShout.com, we’ve compiled a listing of some of the best selling kitchen items and small appliances for the 2012 holiday season. There are some gifts here that are perfect for everything from beginners to experts. So, if you have a loved one in your life who lives to spend time in the kitchen or who simply needs a leg up in taking their cooking to the next level, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect gift in our list.
Top 10 Kitchen Items and Small Appliances
The following is the top 10 best-selling kitchen items and small appliance products for the 2012 holiday season. Each of these items is available from a wide variety of stores and is extremely popular among among shoppers of all levels of cooking skill. In addition, we’ve added a brief description of each product to help you determine if it’s right for you. For a look at some additional kitchen item and small appliance products, besides those listed below, check out our kitchen items and small appliances product archive.
- Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler – The Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler is a compact but powerful personal home cooker. It has a small size, so it won’t take up a ton of shelf space, but you can cook virtually anything on it such as most meat products like Steak, Chicken, Pork, Sausages as well as many others such as pancakes, eggs, fish, potatoes. In fact, the Griddler is such a full service small appliance, you may never need anything else to prepare a meal.
- Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker – There’s something about fresh bread right out of the oven that is just the perfect addition to almost any meal. The Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker gives you the option of making a fresh loaf any time you want one with the same amount of effort it takes to make microwave popcorn. This all-in-one bread baking system allows you to simply place in the ingredients, set the timer, and voila, fresh cooked bread. The Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker makes bread in 3 different loaf sizes, the biggest of which is a roughly 2.5 pound loaf. Furthermore, you’re not just stuck making one type of bread either. This bread maker can create all types of bread including white, whole wheat, rye, French, multigrain, raisin, and even cakes/pizza dough.
- All American 921 21.5 Quart Pressure Cooker – This cooker/canner is the perfect steam pressure system for the seasonal and daily home cooking and canning tasks. The American 921 21.5 Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner is sturdy and has a large capacity that makes canning foods such as meat, fish, fruits, and vegetables, easy and fun. It is cast from heavy-duty aluminium and features a precision metal-to-metal sealing system that is machined to provide a steam-tight and blow-out free seal without the need for gaskets.
- Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000W Juice Extractor – This is a top-of-the-line juicer system designed for people and businesses who are truly serious when it comes to top quality fruit and vegetable juicing. With 2 speed settings, a die cast housing, and a stainless steel micro-filter the 800JEXL is in a league of its own providing high quality features you won’t find in other comparable juicers on the market. With up to 1000W of power, the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000W Juice Extractor is more than capable of processing even the most stubborn of produce giving you great juice every time you use it.
- KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer – When it comes to Stand Mixers, the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer stands tall amongst the others on the market. It’s a powerful mixer that’s capable of doing anything you need including kneading dough, whipping cream, mixing ingredients, making cookies, and creaming butter. The KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer’s 325 watt power means this mixer won’t have any trouble at all churning through even the toughest of mixes. The KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer has all the features and functionality of more expensive mixers, but is easily affordable by most families. It also comes in more than 20 different colors, including Red, White, Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, and more.
- Margaritaville DM0500 Bahamas Frozen-Concoction Maker – This innovative drink maker is not just a blender; it is a must have party accessory. Powered by a 450 Watt motor the DM0500 has the potential to handle most mixing jobs and blending almost any mixed drink you can think of. The defining feature of the Margaritaville DM0500 Bahamas Frozen-Concoction Maker is the built-in secondary ice chamber. Inside the hopper, additional fast moving blades finely shave ice automatically and incorporate it into the blending pitcher. The ice reservoir also includes a “drain-away-system” that removes melted water, and prevents drinks from becoming diluted. Together these features work, in tandem, to produce the ideal slushy consistency for most frozen concoctions including alcoholic beverages.
- Rachael Ray 10-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set is a set that includes both a 1 quart and 2 quart saucepan with cover, a 6 quart stockpot with cover, a 3 quart/10 inch saute pan with cover, an 8.5 inch French Skillet and a 10 inch French skillet. The cookware all contains silicone handles that can withstand heat up to 400 degrees. The pots and pans contain a non-stick surface for better cooking. The entire set is extremely stylish and is made of hard anodized metal which makes the set more durable and also heats the entire pot or pan more evenly for less hot spots.
- Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator – Anyone who’s a true wine connoisseur knows that wine needs to breathe before you drink it. This act, known as aerating the wine, opens it up releasing aromas and ultimately making the wine taste much better as a result. The Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator helps this process along by giving you a simple option for aerating an entire bottle and making it ready for consumption. This device can process an entire bottle of wine in about the same time it takes to do just a single glass. Simply hold the Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator over a wine pitcher or single glass and pour your wine through it for instantaneous aeration. This device does a perfect job every single time by combining just the perfect amount of air with the amount of liquid being poured through it.
- Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius Prestige 1200W Microwave is a 1200 Watt microwave designed as either a counter-top or built in unit depending on the requirements of your kitchen. It utilizes Inverter technology which enables the microwave to be an effective means of cooking almost any type of food. Inverter technology enables this microwave to more effectively distribute energy to prevent food from cooking, reheating or thawing unevenly. The Inverter technology ensures the centre heats at the same rate as the edges. This is achieved by controlling the distribution of heat within the microwave by constantly monitoring and adjusting the distribution of power. Most microwaves attempt to control temperatures by pulsing power on and off. The Panasonic NN-SD681S Microwave has been awarded the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval and is endorsed by the Culinary Institute of America.
- Cuisinart DFP-14 14-Cup Food Processor is a 720-watt large-capacity food processor with an intuitive set of “on” and “off/pulse” buttons and a powerful, yet quiet motor that fits on counter tops and under cabinets with plenty of room to spare. Nowadays, the food processor is almost as crucial in the preparation of daily meals as the stove or microwave have become. The Cuisinart DFP-14 14-Cup Food Processor is a top of the line model with an extremely large bowl which makes it ideal for large families. With this food processor, you can swiftly and efficiently prepare everything from dough for pizza and bread to making dressings and mayonnaise from scratch.
Additional Don’t Miss Kitchen Items and Small Appliances…
The above list represents the top 10 kitchen items and small appliance products, but don’t miss out on some of these other great options…
When it comes to gift giving, you really can’t go wrong with a top quality Stand Mixer. These things are extremely popular and they help a ton in the kitchen. In fact, most people don’t even realize how much benefit one would provide. We are tracking prices on multiple stand mixers that are suitable for a wide range of uses.
Nothing tastes better first thing in the morning than a delicious slice of freshly cut bread. However, no one enjoys making it from scratch. Where would they find the time? Make someone’s holiday by giving the gift of fresh bread in an easy to use machine that does all the hard work for you.
Food Processors and Juicers
When it comes down to it, preparing your own food at home is simply the healthiest and most delicious method of living your day to day life. Having the right tools to prepare those meals can make all the difference. Food Processors and Juicers allow you to take your recipes to the next level. Here are some great options to add to your kitchen…
We hope this guide has helped you make a decision when it comes to gift shopping for that chef or budding chef in your life. For more ideas on non-kitchen related gifts, don’t miss our 2012 Holiday Gift Guide.